20 Fascinating Facts From the Evolution of Advertising
1) Advertising has existed as far back as 3000 BC!
2) 63% of consumers need to hear company claims 3-5 times before they actually believe it.
3) You’re more likely to survive a plane crash than click a banner ad.
4) The first newspaper ad was in 1650 to offer a reward for 12 stolen horses.
5) The first professional advertising agency was launched in 1841 in Philly.
6) Advertising first became an academic discipline in 1900 at Northwestern.
7) Unilever & JWT first partnered in 1902, creating the longest relationship in advertising history.
8) A baby formula brand was the first to sponsor a blimp (in 1902).
9) The first ad agency to launch a product was JWT on behalf of P&G in 1911, for their product Crisco.
10) The first radio ad spot was offered in 1922: $100 for ten…
View original post 160 more words